Heart attacks have become common condition nowadays, namely, according to a recent study cardiovascular diseases or coronary artery disease is the cause for over 1 million deaths annually. All these conditions lead to heart attacks which are considered as the main cause of death in the US. Medical experts state that this year about 920,000 Americans will experience a heart attack.
A heart attack occurs due to restricted or disrupted blood flow to certain parts of the heart muscle. The reason for this condition is an arterial plaque, which is built up on the arterial walls, thereby forming a blood clot that hampers proper blood flow.
Prevention of Heart Attack
The occurrence of heart attack can be prevented if you change your lifestyle and unhealthy habits. The modern way of living is one of the main reasons for the occurrence of heart attack. However, it is a good thing that this can be changed if you introduce healthy habits in your lifestyle and diet.
According to Karolinska Institute people can lower the chances of heart attack by incredible 80% if they manage to make changes in their lifestyle, and follow these five habits.
5 Healthy Habits Protecting You from Heart Attack
- No alcohol consumption
- No smoking cigarettes
- Healthy well-balanced diet
- Regular physical activities
- Healthy waist circumference
The intake of processed food, sugar and food high in refined carbohydrate can severely endanger your health. On the other hand, saturated fats found in lard, butter, and eggs are extremely good for the body as they can reduce LDL – bad cholesterol, which is linked to the occurrence of all heart diseases.
Two kinds of Cholesterol
- Low-density cholesterol (LDL)
- High-density cholesterol (HDL)
LDL leads to plaque accumulation which poses great threat to the overall health. The intake of bread, soda, and white-flour can raise LDL cholesterol levels. Contrary to LDL, HDL cholesterol is good for the body.
- Exclude the consumption of grains, fructose, and processed sugar.
- Replace grain carbohydrates consumption with high-quality protein sources, vegetables, and high-quality fats such as avocados, raw nuts, raw dairy, butter coconuts, organic egg yolks, grass-fed meats, organic nut oil, and coconut oil.
- Omega-3 deficiency can negatively affect the mental and physical health, therefore ensure to maintain omega-3 and omega-6 ratio in balance. Avoid the use of vegetable oils, but use high-quality krill oil. Likewise, elevate the oily fish intake like sardines and anchovies.
- Consume fruit on regular basis as it is packed with plenty of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Almost all fruits contain anti-inflammatory features which are extremely beneficial for the heart health.
According to health experts people who regularly consume fruit particularly sweeter fruits are at 40% lower threat of cardiovascular disease.
The following facts are extremely important to know:
Rule Nr. 1 – People with high cholesterol, overweight people, or diabetics suffer from insulin or leptin resistance, and because of that they need to limit their fruit intake. In fact, their fructose intake per day is not supposed to be more than 15 grams.
Rule Nr. 2 – People who consume fruit on regular basis do not have any health issues and have normal weight. The fruit consumption after working out is highly important as this sugar is used as fuel for your body, and as well as prevents the increase of blood sugar levels.
Metformin is one of the most common diabetes medication associated to increased risk of TSH (low levels of thyroid-stimulating hormone). Low TSH negatively impacts the overall health and causes cardiovascular concerns involving a trial fibrillation leading to congestive heart failure.
According to a newly performed study the blood glucose levels can be lowered if you treat diabetes type 3 with prescription drugs. However, the chances of death from heart-related diseases will be elevated.
Beta-blockers and Scientific Misconduct
Beta-blockers can prevent the norepinephrine and neurotransmitters epinephrine (adrenaline) from binding to beta receptors. Many patients are prescribed with beta-blockers although they do not need a heart surgery. Statistics say that only in Europe these blockers have caused death in 800,000 patients.
How to protect your heart health?
- Eliminate the intake of sugars like processed fructose and grains.
- Avoid the use of statins because they have adverse effects.
- Eat more unprocessed saturated animal fats.
- Try not to get overstressed and anxious.
- Do not sit for long hours.
- Exercise on regular basis like stretching, high-intensity interval training, weight-lifting, and core workout.
- Moderately expose yourself to sun in order to increase the intake of vitamin D, or you can take vitamin D supplements.
- Walk barefoot so that you can get some potent antioxidants from the earth. The inflammation in the body can be alleviated when these antioxidants are carried through the free electrons.
Leave a Reply